India with its tradition and culture is quite famous for its multifariousness of food items and dishes. India’s cuisine is a kind of art. India’s cuisine has delicacy and flavors. Along with flavor, spices, and sweetness, Indian foods can also help in maintaining health to a great extent. Indian diet foods for weight loss astonishes everyone as the whole world thinks that Indian foods are rich to eat but actually, they can provide you with good health.
Every part of India has a different diet plan as there is food diversity in India. Every region in India has different food choices, spices, and flavors. Plant-based foods such as vegetables, lentils, and fruits, combined with low meat consumption, define the traditional Indian diet.
With its exotic spices, versatile flavors, and fresh herbs, India can be an unconquerable challenge for those trying to lose weight effectively. Still, there are some amazing and easy-to-make Indian diet foods for weight loss.
Best Indian Diet Foods for Weight Loss
1. Oats Chapatti or Parantha
Oats as we all know, are primarily famous as a portion of diet food. Oats chapatti or Parantha is best for Indians to consume as we Indians love Roti. It is quite simple to make and it is best taken as breakfast in the morning.
- Mix wheat flour, green chili (if you like it spicy), oats, salt, and water.
- Knead a soft dough out of it.
- Set it aside for 20 minutes and then make round chapattis with it.
- For Oats Parantha, you can just add a little amount of oil over the chapati.
Then your oats paratha or roti will be ready to serve.
You can eat it with sauce or curd (Dahi). It is one of the most effective Indian diet foods to lose weight.
2. Roasted Vegetables in Olive Oil
Nothing is healthy more than vegetables. For weight loss, you can roast some veggies in olive oil. All you need to do is, cut some veggies, put some oil in a cooking pan then put the veggies in it along with some salt, black pepper, and green chili.
- Saute it for 10 minutes and then you can cover it with a lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and your veggies are ready to be eaten.
They boost magnesium and iron levels, which is one of the benefits of roasting vegetables. Dieticians include this in the Indian diet to reduce weight. Vegetables are low-calorie items and they have a low amount of fat. It has fiber which makes you feel full and ultimately reduces the weight of your body.
3. Sauteed Soybean
Soybean is rich in protein which lets you remain active for hours. The procedure to make this is easy.
- Boil the soybean and make crumbles of it.
- Saute onions, peas, carrot, garlic paste, and green chili with salt and black pepper. Use olive oil for this.
This recipe strengthens our muscles and so we can do a lot of exercises. This is one of the easiest diet food for weight loss.
4. Oats Dosa
Oats Dosa is a healthy breakfast that is quick and easy to prepare for a busy morning. You just need to make a batter of ground oats and you can add some flavors to it of your choice.
- The procedure is as simple as making a simple dosa.
- Take it with coconut chutney or anything preferable to you. It’s better advised to make plain oats dosa and not masala oats dosa.
This dish helps in weight loss, lowers the cholesterol level and it is highly nutritious. Oats aid in weight loss and helps in better digestion.
Read More: Health Benefits of High Fibre Foods
This dish has its benefits. Sources of fiber are abundant. You can get packets of uncooked Dalia in the market.
- All you need to do is just put some water in a pan.
- Pour some uncooked Dalia in it, add some salt as per taste and then let it get cooked for 10 minutes.
It will quickly get ready to eat. Add some coriander for taste. The meal is nutritious and delicious. It is one of the best diet food.
6. Khichdi of Sabudana
This is an admired Indian diet food for weight loss. Sabudana is a tasty high-energy item.
- Just soak the sabudana in water before cooking.
- Add some canola oil of olive oil (as per your choice) to a pan and then add some chilies and jeera.
- Add some boiled potatoes along with salt, turmeric powder, and black pepper.
- After a few minutes, add the soaked sabudana and mix it well. Then let it cook for some time and serve it.
It is a portion of low-calorie diet food. It improves digestion and reduces blood pressure.
7. Sweet Potato Salad
The benefits of sweet potatoes for weight loss are well known. Boil the sweet potatoes and peel them off properly.
- Take a bowl, and put the cut pieces of sweet potato, a little bit of vinegar, salt, a pinch of sugar, carrot, mixed herbs, and black pepper.
- Toss them well and then add a small squeeze of lemon. Again toss it and then serve it.
You can eat it either chilled or at room temperature. Your eyes and immune system are protected by it, your body’s defense against infection.
These were some best Indian diet food recipes that you must try.
Do people always wonder what Indian foods can you eat on a diet? Well, you must have got your answer. These recipes and dishes are the best-suited diet foods for females and males. Indian food can easily be used as healthy food, you just need to use it efficiently.
Indian diet chart for weight loss is nothing special, it is just some dishes cooked in olive oil with fewer spices and flavors. Indian vegetarian breakfasts are some of the healthiest, tastiest, and lowest-calorie I’ve tasted. So, do try these recipes out for a reduction in your weight and healthy life.
Written By: Khushi Verma